Our policy is implemented by all employees
We acknowledge that our company and its activities have a significant impact on the environment. We aim to protect and improve the environment by an in-depth analysis, identification and measurement of these environmental aspects and impacts and to set targets to reduce them. We are committed to reducing our waste and are working hard to adopt and implement standards in good practice to prevent, reduce and recycle the materials used during our operations.
Our commitment involves
• Reducing waste levels and actively recycling waste materials for re use
• Carefully monitoring scrap materials in accordance with quality procedures
• Making sure energy use is monitored through a programmer of improvement to ensure maximum efficiency
• Considering the locality in which the materials are sourced in relation to their end use lo cation and ensuring we have successfully encompassed Al Bina' a Al Arabi Co. schemes on major projects
• Monitoring fuel use and maintaining plant to enable fuel efficiency
Training employees and raising awareness with procedures and responsibilities
• Ensuring activities are carried out with minimal impact on local communities and not creating a nuisance to our neighbors
• Carefully vetting our suppliers to ensure their commitment and standards are equal to ours
• Continually strive to improve and review objective and targets annually.
• Ensure our policy meets the current legislation and industry best practices.
Conservation & sustainability
Within our business activities we will endeavor to set an example of responsible Environmental Management and conservation, including active re-cycling of materials wherever practical. The company will comply with all the relevant legislation and adhere to the principles of the prevention of pollution during design and operational performance. Arrangements to achieve these targets include the following:
• Awareness and use of appropriate technology for the conservation of energy.
• The use of materials from sustainable and responsibly managed sources, which do not necessarily pollute or deplete the world's natural resources.
• A purchasing procedure taking into account environ mental impacts.
• Minimize the use of non-sustainable natural resources.
• Minimize waste through an effective waste management system.
Environmental standards & management
We are establishing an environmental Management system complying with the international standard ISO14001. This includes systems to assess the environmental impact of our operations and the provisions of appropriate levels of training and information to support our environmental aims and objectives. We will encourage each and every employee within the company to follow our example, to take a personal responsibility for environmental protection and enhancement within their own sphere of responsibility to standards that are commensurate with the high standards set by the company.
We will work with our subcontractors and suppliers to improve their environmental performance: We require our directors and senior managers to promote a culture of environmental management improvement in all parts of the business.